Friday, August 31, 2012

I Ate a Dino Egg!

*****Outside*****                              ***** Inside*****
How many people can say that?!  Well... actually anyone can.  It's a fruit.  But I didn't know that.  Did you?  The Dinosaur Egg is a type of pluot, which is a fruit that is cross-pollinated between a plum and an apricot.  I have NEVER seen these before! I was in Publix grocery shopping this week and saw these interesting things called Dinosaur Eggs (the photo really doesn't do it justice) so I asked the guy working about them.  Apparently they don't carry them very often at my Publix but had just gotten in a shipment. I learned that apparently pluots are good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. They contain no fat and are sodium free. Pluots also contain naturally occurring phytonutrients and antioxidants that are thought to play a key role in human health.  Well sign me up!  But not knowing if I'd like it.. I only bought one.  Thankfully Publix is literally about five feet from my home because I know I'll be back for more... these babies were TASTY!  As a vegan, I'm always looking for new ways to add flavor to my diet so I don't grow bored.  I'm so excited I tried these.  I know, I know... not really a huge "new" experience but let me ask you... have YOU eaten a dinosaur egg before?!  I didn't think so. :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment