Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fat Slayer 600

Yes... that is the name of the class.  600 reps of various exercises that is guaranteed to make you sweat in half an hour.  As if Hip Hop Cardio wasn't enough of a booty buster for me, I opted to push myself just a little farther and take this class today.  Well... a LOT farther I should say. This workout literally makes you pour sweat (and as the instructor said... "sweat is fat crying" right?!).  Basically here's the workout:

  • Super Skater Squats (25 reps per leg)
  • Pushups (50 reps)
  • Reverse Lunge Kickups (25 reps per leg)
  • Side Arm Triceps Pushups (25 reps per arm)
  • Squat Jumps (40 reps)
  • Plank Pushups (40 reps)
  • Burpees (30 reps)
  • Reverse Crunch (50 reps)
  • Side Plank Reach Unders (25 reps per side)
  • Mason Twists (50 reps)
  • Side Crunches (50 per side)
  • Mountain Climbers (50 reps)
  • Leg Raises (50 reps)

Please tell me that after reading through the list you're muscles are trembling in fear.... it will make me feel better.  Despite the fact that I know I will cry tomorrow morning when I try to do something as simple as sitting down, I will say that I'm proud of myself for getting through it.  The only set of reps that I completely sat out was the Burpees... one attempt at those and my body just quit.  Maybe if it was before all those other pushups... but it just wasn't happening this morning.  The instructor said this class was a great one to take once a month to assess how far you're coming with regular weight and cardio training.  Maybe I'll return next month to see if those Burpees come a little easier. ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment