Saturday, September 1, 2012

Arj Barker: High-larious Entertainment

The Flight of the Conchords.  Jay Leno, David Letterman and Conan O'Brien appearances.  The Marijuana Monologues.  Comedy Central Specials. The accolades go on and on for the Aussie native.  But did you know Arj Barker is best known for his Star Trek style haircut?!  Not everyone can put that on a resume.  This laid-back Californian is in Orlando this weekend headlining at the Orlando Improv and a group of friends and I decided to pay him a visit last night.  

I've gotta be honest here... I chose to see him simply because I thought he was cute.  Haha... I know.  Looks have nothing to do with ability, but I'm being honest here.  Plus I got free tickets.  So a few friends and I met up for a night of laughs and we certainly weren't disappointed.  Though I do have one complaint... the comedians seemed to have smoked a little TOO much pot before the show. Glassy eyes shouldn't be that obvious from the audience.  Jokes seemed to falter at times (almost like they forgot the punchline) and left us wondering where the funny went.  But it returned and overall it was a great night.  Arj chooses to explore some pretty interesting topics in the midst of such a politically charged time in our country but we had fun and that's all that matters.  He's in town through Sunday if you're interested - check him out at http://www.theimprovorlando.com. As always, the team at Orlando Improv is awesome.  Definitely one of my favorite venues in Florida. ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment