Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Red Sox Nation is alive and well

Let me begin by proudly saying, I am a Yankees fan by birth. Born and raised on Long Island, before moving to Orlando in my teens, I was brought up cheering on the team in "Pinstripes." This will never go away!

Another home run for the home team
That being said- I've recently become obsessed with the idea of attending a home game at Fenway. I'm not sure if it's the insane amount of Boston related movies I've recently been "encouraged" to watch or if it's just the rich history behind this New England Landmark; it just seemed like one of things one must experience when living so close to Beantown.

Thanks to my Hubby's job, we secured tickets to last nights Red Sox game against the Texas Rangers. With great seats between Third Base and Home, we were in the middle of the action, even getting to see an argument between the Umpire and the Ranger coach. Being so close, even I couldn't help but catch a case of Red Sox fever.  Who wouldn't- surrounded by close to 37,000 fans decked out in their red and blue (and green too apparently). And when the home team wins, the fans are the most intense I've seen yet.  With a final score of 9-2 (Red Sox), the T ride home was an extension of the excitement. (I'd hate to think of what happens if they lose- as one man said "put thousands of angry people in an enclosed space with alcohol and see what happens"- I shiver at the thought...)

I will definitely catch another game, only next time will be when my Bronx Bombers are there as well! Either way I win and those are the kinds of odds I like!

Fun Fenway Facts:
The best place to get of the T for Fenway park isn't the Fenway stop! Get off at Kenmore instead.
Left Field is the shortest in the MLB- According to my hubby (I may have to check my facts on that one! :))
The park recieved it's name after the surrounding neighborhood, not the other way around.


And I thought they only fought in Hockey!

Awesome Seats!

0 comments:

Post a Comment