Friday, August 31, 2012

Vegan Ravioli = YUM!


I have NEVER made pasta in my life.  That just seems like way too much work to do for a dish that I can easily purchase from the store.  Throw it in a little salted boiling water and tada!  Well... ravioli doesn't work that way for me.  With my dairy allergy, and now being vegan, it's very difficult to find ravioli that is dairy-free/vegan.  And when you do it's three times the cost of the regular stuff.  So since I had some of my vegan quesadilla filling leftover from the recipe I tried earlier in the week, (actually quite a bit) I decided to try making this.  I was a little nervous because it looked pretty difficult to me.  But after some research online, I found a simple vegan recipe to make the pasta (literally flour and water) and all the necessary steps to follow. I opted to bake mine instead of boiling them... it seemed safer.  And can we just say YUM!  OMG this came out so delicious!  As you can see from the far right photo, I topped it with a little marinara sauce and fresh basil with just a smudge of vegan parmesan cheese sprinkled on top for good measure.  It made enough for 3-4 servings so looks like I'm eating ravioli this weekend!  Not that I mind of course... this stuff was super yummy.  Now I think I'm gonna try to come up with different mixtures to put inside the pasta.  This one was the combo of chickpeas, mushrooms, spinach, fresh garlic, spices, chopped tomatoes and vegan cheese.  Hmmm... wonder what I'll try next?  ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment