Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shag'd Baby!

Wanna know a dirty little secret?!  Since going back to my natural color (light brunette) earlier this year, I haven't gotten a hair cut.  Do the math... it's been over six months.  Yikes!  I know, I know... the polished professional "me" would rather be seen with a terrible fake tan over being seen with bad hair.  But it's true... since consulting and doing most of my work from home I've gotten a little relaxed in this department.  Most days I'm working in yoga pants with my hair pulled back leftover from my morning's yoga class.  "Natural" is the look I tell myself I'm purposely going for.  Haha... So this past month I've grown more and more disgusted when I've looked down and seen the state of my split ends.  And there are a LOT of them.  So I after an internal  scolding for waiting this long, I booked an appointment with my girl Rachel at the salon Orlando Magazine has rated the "Best" in 2011 and 2012.  

Let me just tell you how FABULOUS this place is.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  Everything about it is awesome.  The staff are not only trendy and friendly, they genuinely enjoy working together.  The vibe is fun and festive and relaxed.  And the shampoo experience... oh dear gawd how amazing my head felt the entire time Rachel (#2) worked her magic.  And Rachel (#1) is simply fabulous.  She's literally my hair idol.  In addition to being pin-up beautiful, she's a genius with hair... cut, color, style... you name it and she'll own it.  I highly recommend her (of course) and the Shag'd Hair Studio (next door to Stardust).  I'm looking forward to heading back next month... and I promise I won't wait 6 months this time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment