Sunday, August 5, 2012

What do "Lobstah" hats, ballet studios, kites, and the Zipper have in common?

The 18th Annual Charlestown Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival- Thats what!

Festivals are a great way to entertain, experience local vendors, sample...well...everything, and maybe check out a fun band or two. I am not sure what I was expecting, but when asked to go to the Seafood Festival today, I thought maybe I'd actually get to sample lots of different types of treats. Now as my last post mentions; I am definitely Seafood- Phobic. But figured, Why not? When in Rome right?

Instead, the festival was set up more like a county fair, with prices ranging from $6 for a bowl of Seafood Chowder to God knows what for a full Lobster.  The helpings were good, but you're definitely not going around sampling. Instead of picking something I may not have liked and then having to throw it away (I hate wasting food), I played it safe with a Sausage and Pepper hero and a De'ls lemonade (again- see last post).

After taking my stepson to play on a few rides in the carnival area, we grabbed seats in front of the main stage, listed to a few minutes of recorded music, cheered on a ballet studio as they performed, and watched a few kites float in the distance. Once the feature band was two songs in, we were all pretty done, and decided to leave for the comfort of home. Not sure, if we will be attending another of these events, but I'll certainly try others to see if they arre more along the lines of what I'm used to.  But who knows-maybe they just do everything just a little differently here in RI?!

All in all- the kites were Amazing!*Jasmine

0 comments:

Post a Comment