Sunday, August 12, 2012

Caribbean American Heritage Fest at Lake Eola Park


In celebration of the diverse culture and ethnic flavor of Caribbean culture, the Caribbean American Heritage Fest was held this afternoon at Lake Eola Park. Luckily it was rescheduled from June so I was able to attend! The seductive sounds of the steel drums wafted over the lake towards my building and enticed me over... much to my delight!  There was a variety of fun-filled entertainment and festivities for the entire family including arts & crafts, live entertainment, face painting, health screenings, performing arts, delicious Caribbean food and much more!  Jeff and Jordan happened to be over so fortunately we were able to make it an afternoon outdoors immersed in culture and the sounds of the islands.  This is just another example of why I LOVE living downtown... you just never know what fabulous festival will happen down here!  I have to admit that I now really wish I was laying on a beach in the Caribbean with a Pina Colada in hand with a sarong and bikini. ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment