Sunday, August 5, 2012

Refreshingly Different...

There's a few things one must do upon moving to Rhode Island according to anyone that's lived here all their lives (and trust me- I think I'm the only transplant in the entire state!). This list can go on for days but at the top are Stuffies, Iggy's Clam "Chowdah", Coffee Milk, and....Del's Lemonade! Considering I am Seafood-Phobic, and hate anything Coffee Related, I opted for Del's. And I am so happy I did!

First created in 1840 in Naples, Italy, Del's founder Franco Delucia brought his recipe for this frozen treat to America around the turn of the century. The first Del's lemonade sold, was in Cranston, RI around 1948 at little stands wherever they would allow. They have since grow to storefronts throughout the state and stands at every beach, fair, and community event imaginable. One would think you'd get tired of seeing them, but let me just say (...type), I've had 3 in the last 24 hours- They are that good!

This delicious treat is perfect for anyone craving something cold on a warm day. Don't worry if you don't like Lemons- They have watermelon, cherry, peach/mango, blueberry, grapefruit, and pomegranate too!
There are no rules for eating a Del's- Just the following, as posted on their website;

DRINK A DEL'S

Shake the CupShake the cup - the heat from your hand will slowly melt the ice.
Sip from the CupSip right from the cup - no straw is needed.
RepeatRepeat whenever you need an icy treat.

Next time you are in town for a visit- you can bet I'll take you for a Del's! Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go have another! *Jasmine

0 comments:

Post a Comment