Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Garden In My Mouth

At least that is how this soup has been described by both friends and chefs alike.  Chilled gazpacho, a popular staple in Spain and Portugal, is a full-on summer seasonal culinary refreshment.  I've never been a huge fan of "cold" soups... something just doesn't seem right about them.  Isn't soup supposed to be warm and comforting?  Not this one... it's chilled and refreshing... completely the opposite of what I would expect out of a soup.  Well, in the attempt to expand my vegan culinary skills (and tastebuds), I decided to make (and try) Gazpacho Soup this weekend.  And if I'm really honest... I didn't expect to like it.  Never having tasted it, I expected it to taste like a chunky bloody mary sans the most important ingredient... vodka! :)  But I was pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't too bad.  I'm still not a huge fan of the cold texture (I prefer to heat it up just a bit), but knowing that I'm eating all those veggies in such a pure state (technically its a "raw" food when served cold) makes my body happy.  The bonus is that the prep time is next to nothing... such a super easy dish to prepare!! ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment