Thursday, August 23, 2012

Web Master

A screen shot of my home page!

Ok... well maybe not a Web MASTER... but I did build my own website! Cue the applause (clap clap clap clap).  Thank you. Thank you very much.  I must say I'm quite proud of the efforts that went into this little project.  I've never built a website before so I really had no idea what I was getting into.  

Over the past few months I've contemplated creating a website for my art company Rhythms of Grace Gallery but I really didn't know where to become.  A couple weeks ago I decided to face fear head-on and forge ahead with this very daunting task.  The hardest lesson I had to learn was to take a deep breath and slow down.  I tend to just in with both feet and figure things out along the way.  That method has served me well in many situations (like jumping out of a plane), but here I had to learn patience.  Reading the directions WAS important.  Asking for help was key to doing things right the FIRST time.  Slowing down feels so unnatural for me that this was an experience in and of itself.  But I did it. After several weeks of being immersed in the techie world of programming, HTML codes, figuring out merchant accounts and just designing web pages... the site is live!  

So I ask you to please be kind... it's my first website so I know I will continue to tweak it and massage the overall look in the coming weeks.  But here you go!  www.rhythmsofgracegallery.com  I welcome any feedback, suggestions and ideas that you might have for me.  This has been an interesting "new experience".... I've learned a lot and I have a feeling those lessons will continue as I look into continuously upgrading my site. :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment