Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vegan Spring Rolls

I'm gonna go ahead and just say it... I need an official "chef" apron.  I'm impressing myself these days with my culinary skills!  Yes I know recipes are easy to follow... but you obviously don't know me well.  I've just never been that much of a domestic diva.  Well, at least I never thought so.  But since becoming vegan last year, I find it so much easier to eat at home and it's easy to grow bored of the basic recipes that I've already mastered.  I recently got a new vegan cookbook "Vegan Cooking for Carnivores" by Roberto Martin... and let's just say SCORE!  This book is full of amazing recipes and I'm excited to try them out.  This is the first I've attempted (so far) and it was amazing!  I've actually never made spring rolls before so the entire process was a new experience.  Who knew spring roll wrappers were rock solid out of the package and you had to soak them in water for 20 seconds to make them pliable?!  And who knew that raw mint leaves, basil, cilantro, peppers, cucumbers, carrots and avocado would taste so yummy in one of these?  Overall this was a successful (albeit slightly messy) experience!  Page is marked... this is one dish I plan to make for my next dinner party! ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment