Sunday, August 5, 2012

O.A.R. Live!

"Man play the record that I been loving so
I sing with the singer
Dance to the flow
I hear my request coming out the stereo"
- O.A.R. "Program Director"

Music tends to be the one constant in life. Good, bad, happy or sad- There's never been a moment I didn't have the perfect song in my head to play as the soundtrack to what was going on. In general, I love music...Whether on the radio as the lyrics above indicate or some random person playing outside of a bar chances are, by the second verse I'll be singing along.

The O.A.R. (Of A Revolution) Concert this week was no exception. Never having heard of them, when friends offered us tickets to attend with them, I asked everyone I could imagine if there was a song I'd recognize or a lyric that was a popular hit. Finally, one coworker shared her playlist with me after trying to describe their melodic vibe to no avail.  As I sifted through hundreds of resumes, songs such as "The Wanderer" and "Hey Girl" kept me strumming my fingers along the keyboard as if playing piano keys. I was super excited for the concert at this point- Their unique take on music was right up my alley.

I was certainly hoping that this concert wasn't going to be obe of those, they're great on the iPod, but terrible Live moments... And I must say, It did not dissapoint! This was possibly one of the best bands I've seen live. From the energy of the band, to lead singer (Marc Roberge) coming into the audience and jamming out literally two feet from me, the experience was truly one of those "the enthusiasm is contagious" moments. I liked them even better in person. I'd highly recommend at least checking out a few of their songs- trust me- you'll be happy you did! O.A.R. will officially be part of my life's soundtrack from now on. *Jasmine

PS-"Program Director" with its reggae/ Dave Matthewsy vibe topped the chart for me in person. :)



Beth, Paul, Rich, and I mid concert
Fantasic Outdoor venue- Bank of America Pavillion- Boston

0 comments:

Post a Comment