Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars (Vegan)


Eating vegan can be hard at times and definitely requires preparation for those days when I'm on the road and really busy. The prepackaged (vegan) protein and health bars can be great fast go-to solutions but they are often chock full of sugar and EXPENSIVE! So when I came across this recipe to make my own Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars (resembling the PROBARS)... how could I pass that up?! So my Sunday project was trying my hand at making these little gems.

These bars are chock full of nutty and seedy goodness plus they're rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants + Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids! If you're watching your calorie intake - I wouldn't eat these in excess, but it's definitely a good idea to add nuts and seeds into your diet and these breakfast bars are a great way to start!  I gotta say... these are DELICIOUS!!! I'll definitely be sharing this recipe.  They are so yummy and can easily be made vegan or non-vegan.  I have a feeling these will be made again for a few upcoming trips on the calendar! ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment