Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tutu Rockstar

Halloween isn't the only time of year a girl can get dressed up in a tutu. Birthdays, St. Patty's Day, Thanksgiving, Rock Concerts, Christmas, Bachelorette Parties, New Year's, 4th of July, Mondays... I'm pretty sure any day can be a TuTu kinda day.  Don't you think?  Well... if you haven't checked lately, tutus are now going for $30+ and most of those aren't very full or are "one size fits all".  And that's fine but let's just face it... we aren't all the same size and I don't really want to spend upwards of $30 on a tulle skirt that I can make myself.  

Well, despite being an artist, I'm not really a "crafty" sort of person.  I've developed the terrible habit of just buying something that I want instead of exploring whether or not I can make it.  That changes today.  In the spirit of experiencing "new" things, I decided to try my hand at making my very own purple tutu for this year's PurpleStride Central Florida 5K.  $15 later and I'm ecstatic!  I. Did. It.  Check me out! Rockstar crafter in the house!  I gotta say... this was really easy (and fun).  Why aren't we all making these things and wearing them to work each day?  Tutus are SUPER fun and just add a smile to your face when wearing them.

I made a second one... football season DOES kick off for my New Orleans Saints tonight.  Let's see how a little black and gold glitter looks around my Brees jersey this year!  Goodness... I think I've created a monster. Check back with me in a couple months... I have a feeling I will have one of these in every color.  :) ~ Christina
Purple Tutu finished!
2nd Tutu - Geaux Saints!

0 comments:

Post a Comment