Thursday, February 28, 2013

Salad in a Jar


This is one of the EASIEST things EVER and has quickly become my favorite thing when traveling!  I saw this on the internet (the pic in the top left of the image here) and thought... why not?!  It's how to create a salad inside of a mason jar.  Uhm... ok!? 


Well... as a vegan in South Louisiana... being prepared with tasty foods is really important.  EVERYTHING we do here revolves around food.  It's the center of socializing really.  So when you're the only one NOT eating... it's awkward.  Especially when everyone around you is diving in to a piece of rare meat.  Bleah...

So I tried it.  I told a 32 oz. mason jar and created a salad (seen above).  I wasn't sure how it would look or taste when it came out since it sat in my cooler for a couple of days... but to my surprise it was AMAZING!  It literally pours out beautifully (as seen above) and tastes amazing.  The mason jar helps to keep it air tight and fresh.  The key is to layer your salad so that nothing gets crushed or saturated in the dressing.  

Since trying it, I now make this every time I travel to see my cousins in Lake Charles (who are all meat eaters and our weekends revolve around cooking) or whenever I know I'll be in the car over a mealtime.  Simple... simple! Yes it makes life so much easier now. :)  I've experimented and made all sorts of salads like this... so far I've yet to find any problems with any of them. ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment