Saturday, February 16, 2013

Carnival Cruise - Elation

With all the noise in today's media about cruise lines... it's a wonder their business is still booming like it is.  But I guess others' share my philosophy.  This life is ultimately in God's hands anyway.  Why live in constant fear of something going wrong?!!

Over a year ago, my best friend Emily invited me to join her and her family on a Carnival cruise.  The Elation ship to be specific.  I agreed, knowing it was a long way off.  Who knew where I'd be by then?!

Time flies these days... I guess that's a side effect of getting older.  All of a sudden the weekend was upon us and off we went! It was like old times.  Me traveling with the Heberts. Just like when Em and I were kids.  

The week long cruise was wonderful.  I won't bore you with all the monotonous details.  The ship itself was nice.  Older and a little smaller than some I've been on, but taken care of well over the years.  I give it a HUGE fat F- for their support of food allergies and veg-friend lifestyles.  That was NOT a fun or easy process on the ship. The staff tried their best, but just weren't equipped to provide viable options. And since food is a large part of a cruise experience, it could have easily ruined the vacation for me.  But I've long since learned to expect nothing more than ignorance when it comes to my food allergy and I'm pleasantly surprised when someone actually makes an effort.  So needless to say, I made do with my backpack of veg-friend snacks and fresh fruit all week.

Thankfully the non-sense of that horrific Carnival cruise ship took place AFTER we returned, so that wasn't on our minds.  It was all sun, sea and bikinis for us most days.  And that certainly doesn't suck. ~ Christina

Me and Em in front of the Elation
Our party (minus Moe who is taking the pic)
Truth :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment