Saturday, February 16, 2013

DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner

If you're anything like me, you probably don't clean your makeup brushes quite as often as you should.  It really is something I need to work on.  But I tend to think about it and then see I'm out of my pricey cleaner from Sephora and then mentally add it to my "shopping" list... and then never pick it up.  It's a vicious cycle.  But alas! No more.  I decided to make my own using items from around the house... and how SIMPLE it was!!  Below is the "recipe" I used and it worked beautifully. I really can't explain how easy the makeup came off... much more so than the fancy Sephora stuff I used to use. :)
  • 1 cup of warm water
  • 1 tablespoon of liquid dish detergent
  • 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
  • 1 container to mix everything in
Mix the ingredients really good (I prefer using glass but that's up to you) and then dip yours brushes in one by one.  Give them a good swirl around the cup a few times.  You will see the makeip come right off the brushes, turing the water a murky color.  Rinse the brushes under luke warm water (tap is fine), reshape and then lay flat to dry overnight.

Viola!  Super simple with products you have lying around the house. :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment