Friday, February 15, 2013

Homemade Natural Dog Shampoo


I've elevated my "granola-ness" lately by experimenting with a few DIY home remedies.  The thought of all those chemicals we find in the most basic of items like cleaners, shampoos, etc. freaks me out.

Since Denver was out of doggie shampoo... he was my first guinea pig.  This recipe actually came out quite nice (I used the lavender essential oil) and was super simple to make.  Instructions below. :)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Organic Castile Soap (any scent - I used nonscented)
  • 2 cups Distilled Water
  • 2 teaspoons Grape Seed Oil (or Almond Oil, Olive Oil - up to you!)
  • 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Guar Gum
  • Container for soap (I reused an old shampoo bottle)
  • Optional: add cedar wood, citronella, or lavender essential oil to help with pest control (I used lavender)

Use a whisk to mix ingredients together in a bowl and then place in your container. Wash away! :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment