Friday, February 22, 2013

Panera Bread Black Bean Soup (Vegan)

One thing I miss about living downtown Orlando, is being able to walk over to Panera Bread on a Sunday after the Farmer's Market, and get a bowl of their black bean soup.

Now... with that said... I've recently discovered that it is NOT vegan (as I was told countless times by management there) but instead merely vegetarian (chicken broth is used, not vegetable broth). So... that's a fail.  Especially since it was the one saving grace there for a vegan like me.  

But I digress... recently I've been craving the soup so I went out to recreate it.  I've only made black bean soup one other time and it was totally different.  The beans were whole and there were vegetable chucks in it.  I wasn't a huge fan.

This time I got close.  Not exact, but close enough to curb my craving.  Score!  Love when that happens.

Recipe to be posted on my Crunchy Cajun FB page. :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment