Monday, September 3, 2012

Coffee Table Art

This little experiment was actually for my upcoming art festival.  I get asked a lot of I would consider creating prints of my work so I could sell it for less and in mass production.  My answer has always been no (and continues to be).  I don't create art for the masses or as a "job."  I do it because I love it.  So in preparing for the upcoming festival I decided to take a stab at creating something different.  Vendors tend to do better at these shows with smaller pieces... items that cost less and are easy to carry around (large paintings aren't easy to tote around in 95 degree weather and a perimeter of 1 mile).  So I thought... what if I created smaller versions of some of my art (past and present) but in a unique format?  Well... here's what I came up with!  Coffee Table Art.  Four selected paintings turned into cork based coasters.  What do you think?!  The idea is being unveiled on this blog only... and will then be sold during the art festival if it works out.  The idea is someone can pick four of their favorite pieces and walk away with only spending a small amount as opposed to hundreds of dollars if they had bought all four paintings.  

I think it turned out pretty cute.  What do you think?  I'd love to know your thoughts.  This is a sample of the first test product using four paintings that are actually not even available any longer - which makes it that much better I think, right?!  ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment