Thursday, September 20, 2012

MS Seminar for the Newly Diagnosed

This First was beyond scary. I wasn't jumping out of a plane or auditioning for the Voice but I was going out of my comfort zone. \

I'm blessed to belong to the Rhode Island Chapter of the National MS Society, an organization built on the thought of providing resources for patients of and caregivers to people with Multiple Sclerosis. Recently, I received an invitation for a seminar given by the chapter for people who have been diagnosed within the last four years. Having been diagnosed this past February put me well within that range so armed with my trusty notebook for note taking, my biggest Confident smile, and my loving husband, I walked in ready to walk right back out.  It's not that I didn't want to help or to hear more about this (for lack of a better word) crappy disease, I just wasn't sure I could handle meeting others with more progressive forms of MS. Little did I know, I'd find the one person who has made the biggest difference in our world this year within the first ten minutes of being there. She introduced me to someone else who had a ton of viable information for me and so it began. The first night of acceptance and facing my fear of MS. *Jasmine

0 comments:

Post a Comment