Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway

Our view from the tram- and we weren't even at the top yet!
Let me begin by saying I have a terrible fear of heights, but in the essence of trying new things, The Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway seemed like just the right NEW thing for the day. I pushed my fear aside, hopped on the tram car with about 30 other people and made the trek up the 4200 foot summit of Cannon Mountain. Aside from slight rocking, it was a smooth ride and the guides did a great job of keeping our minds filled with fun facts other than the idea of this large car carting us up a mountain by a wire. Omce at the top, we walked about a half a mile to the observation deck where we were able to see 3 Canadian states, Connecticut, Maine, and perhaps even Rhode Island although I'm not quite sure about that one. I'm nt sure I'd recommend the walk from the tram stop to the observation deck for someone with a mobility disability as it was super difficult on the steepest parts, but the tram itself is certainly worth it! *Jasmine


You'll see the observation deck just above my head if you squint your eyes and look very closely! I did it!

At the top of the oservation deck

0 comments:

Post a Comment