Sunday, September 2, 2012

Upcycled Worn T-Shirt

As we've already established here on this blog, I've become a little domestic diva over the past thirty days.  I love how instead of new experiences that cost something, I've found ways to try something new here at my home.  Many of my past "new" adventures have led to something more (did I tell you I actually am getting paid to build a website for someone after they saw my Rhythms of Grace Gallery one?!)  It's been such fun!  

I LOVE accessories and could easily spend my entire paycheck on cheap baubles that will add short-term color and finesse to an outfit.  But as a consultant (and artist), money is managed a little differently around my house these days.  Tighter. :)  I've seen these signature piece necklaces before and love them... bright, big and usually made out of unique materials... I love how it can add such personality to a simple mono-colored outfit.  Today's craft turned an old t-shirt (that was really just taking up real estate in my over-stuffed closet) into a fabulously bright signature nautical style necklace.  I looked around the world wide web at a few "DIY" instructionals until I felt comfortable enough making one myself.  And here it is!  I think it came out pretty cute.  What do you think?  A free accessory upcycled from an old tee.... what could be more fabulous!?  Wanna know HOW to make it? I'd hop over to this fabulous blog and check out these instructions.  They are really clear and easy to follow (compared to some of the others I stumbled upon).  This works BEST with an old tshirt that's a little worn and really soft. http://www.refinery29.com/jersey-necklace Happy Crafting!! ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment