Monday, January 28, 2013

Vegan Jambalaya

I hate to admit this... but I've never made a Jambalaya from scratch.  I know... my PawPaw would shake his head if heard that.  Especially if he knew all my past jambalayas were from basically the Zatarains box.  The shame!  

But now that I'm vegan.... boxes and processed mixes are no longer 1.) available and/or 2.) health choices I make (even if they were available).  
It's Mardi Gras season here in Louisiana and that means it's time for Jambalaya.... so I've scoured the internet for the best vegan versions (why re-create the wheel?!) and made my own take on this popular dish.

Once complete, it was super yummy (though slightly on the salty side).  Next time I'll reduce the amount of seasoning simply because the faux sausage had enough sodium in it to add flavor.  But overall I was pleased with it.  Slowly but surely I'm veganizing my cajun favorites! :)
~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment