Friday, January 25, 2013

Lemon Face Mask


Natural lemon juice contains many properties which play a vital role in the battle against acne. Most notable of these properties are the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) which are so effective against acne that they can be found in any acne treatment cream worth mentioning. These acids actively kill the bacteria which cause acne breakouts. Killing this bacteria not only treats existing spots, but regular application of the juice containing them acts to prevent more breakouts from occurring.

In addition to this, lemon juice contains vitamin C and potassium which are both essential for a good immune system and healthy skin. 

My face doesn't really break out, but after being on a cruise and eating a diet that consisted of watered down salads, french friends, chips and salsa (and booze)... I needed to do a little makeover.  I could see my diet all over my face and it wasn't pretty.  Since I'm much more comfortable with the holistic approach, I decided to give lemons a try on my skin.  Applying lemon juice directly to the skin is an excellent way to cleanse the skin of existing bacteria, reducing the effects of the acne. The citric acid present in the juice kill the bacteria and cleans the pores preventing clogs which will cause more acne breakouts.

The topical treatment I did: 
▪   Cleanse the skin thoroughly and allow to dry naturally
▪   Squeeze the juice of a lemon into a container
▪   Soak some cotton wool in the juice
▪   Apply all over the face
▪   Leave overnight
▪   Cleanse the face as normal in the morning
▪   Moisturize with a non-oil based moisturizer 
Results?  After one day I my face looked different.  Smoother, softer.  I was a little surprised. After a few days, it was perfect.  I was definitely a little lighter that my cruise tan, but lemons will do that to you.  And who cares anyway?!  A natural treatment for acne or any imperfections on my face... I will take it! :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment