Thursday, March 28, 2013

Upcycling Wine Bottles

As I become more and more green, I find myself constantly looking for ways to recycle or upcycle items all around me. Between my grandmother and I, and several local cousins, we have lots of wine bottles tossed each month. So I started playing around with ways to recycle them. I've got several different ideas... But being an artist, turning them into works I art seemed like the first option to try.

I took three different types of bottles and after thoroughly cleaning them I got to work painting. Here's the end result. I made it so all three could be used together as a home decoration. The larger bottle has a black square painted in the center in chalkboard paint, so you can write various messages on it. I like the way these came out. I'm gonna play around with a few more options on some others I have set aside. This might be a fun family "craft" project!

- Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment