Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crowley Soup Kitchen

Regardless of your mood, current financial situation or overall belief system... volunteering just makes you FEEL GOOD.  And while I do a lot of volunteering, since moving to Louisiana I haven't been a part of an organization that helps those who are down on their luck.  The homeless or less fortunate have a huge place in my heart, so when my MawMaw asked if I wanted to go with the Ladies Auxiliary to serve at the local Soup Kitchen, I jumped at the chance.  Yes!  What a wonderful morning.  Making eye contact and wishing each person a great day.  Asking about them and listening.  Smiling and just being present.  It's so simple.  And I know it makes a difference.  It felt GOOD to spend Tuesday morning with these volunteers.  I'll be back.  I know I will. ~ Christina



0 comments:

Post a Comment