Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spicy Lentil Sloppy Joes

There is something about Sloppy Joes that I've always enjoyed.  The sweet mixed with the savory... the messiness of them... I don't know.  But the health benefits are certainly lacking to say the least, not to mention the whole meat thing.  So I have given up on this old favorite since turning vegan.

Until now.  I came across an interesting recipe last week for Spicy Lentil Sloppy Joes.  Lentils?!  What the heck did I have to loose?  So I tried them.  I wasn't too sure during the whole prep process... they didn't look very appetizing while it was all cooking down.  But I must say, they weren't too bad once done.  Definitely not the same as the old comfort foods of the past but then again lentils versus turkey meat... I'm not sure the texture alone can compare.  But my new version saves animals and prevents carcinogens from turning into cancer so that outweighs the difference.  Recipe posted to my Crunchy Cajun facebook page.  Will definitely make again. :) ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment