Sunday, October 7, 2012

StripSteak

We went to StripSteak for our chapter dinner this past week while in Vegas... and I have to say I had mixed feelings about it.  The chapter guys love their meat and potatoes so it made sense for the dinner to take place there (plus the reviews are all fabulous about the chef and his creations)... but this vegan felt like a fish out of water (literally).  On the plus side, the chef went out of his way to create a vegan dish for me (delicious!)... and the service is amazing.  But as a vegan... there are too many negatives.  From the hanging raw meat slabs on display through glass door coolers, the french fries cooked in duck fat (wish I'd known that BEFORE eating a few of them - talk about upset tummy!) to the pricey meat dishes.... I had to leave a little early.  Way too many animals lost their lives for that place and at $100+ per person... I just couldn't stomach it all.  If you are a meat-eater... definitely check this place out.  But it's not vegan friendly at all.  ~ Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment