Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Expect the Unexpected

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
- Robert Frost "The Road Less Traveled"


Live my life out loud? My life IS loud. It’s hectic. I have three kids, a stepson, and am a newlywed with a brand new house that we are actively renovating. I live exactly 1,361 miles from where I lived less than 11 months ago and for the majority of my life. I have an amazing job where I truly make a difference and make time to run the Volunteer Vixen Chapter here in Rhode Island. I also have MS - diagnosed less than 6 months ago.  I’d say I’m definitely living. But not “Out Loud...” not for a while.

In 2010, I embarked on a journey to say “Yes!” to anything new that came across my path. Coyote Ugly and Mechanical Bull Riding..Sure! Register with the Leukemia and Lymphoma society as a donor…check! Donate 11 inches to Locks of Love on a whim- why not?! I even met my now Husband as a result of my Challenge (Look out eHarmony!).  From the easiest new experiences to the most daunting; 2010 was the most exhilarating year of my life and the one that truly taught me to be open to anything that comes my way. You never know when saying "Yes!" to something you never expected will be just the thing you never knew you needed. 

With all the changes of the past year- I’m ready to challenge myself yet again; Meet new people, experience all that my new world has to offer and live life to the fullest- Live "Out Loud..." Again!

Friends for almost a decade, Christina has taken my unique journey alongside me, all the while traveling her own path. Although our lives have taken us in very different directions, we remain the closest of friends and have chosen to go on this adventure together from opposite ends of the east coast. We’re ready to face the unknown, challenge ourselves individually and as dear friends, all the while delighting in every step of the way! Enjoy the ride- We certainly will! *Jasmine


0 comments:

Post a Comment